Monday, April 26, 2010

Springy Yumminess

Because you're all so wonderful, here's a scrumptious picture, inspired by Rachel's scone picture that looked so indulgent.

I give you my masterpiece, Lemon Poppyseed Bread with a Lemon Glaze Drizzle:
This will be my contribution to the singles ward BBQ tonight. Now, unlike Rachel, I cannot claim domestic goddess-hood because... Betty Crocker made this bread for me. Two boxes of mix, some oil, flour, water, eggs, and there it is. So, I admit sneakery. But isn't it pretty? Mom's platter. I can't call it antique because I don't think it's even as old as she is... Hehe. But it's cool underneath. And some clippings from the yard. Spring has sprung!

3 comments:

Natchel said...

Shhhh don't tell anyone that! You made it all from scratch! :)
P.S.. those scones were amazing. Try them! I got the recipe from The Pioneer Woman. She's my hero.

Hilary said...

The Pioneer Woman is, in a word, ridiculously accomplished. Okay, that was two words.

So the lemon bread disappeared in 7.635 minutes. I told Annie I totally had to blog about what a big hit my bread was. She asked with her nose wrinkled in disdain, "Are you seriously going to blog about your bread??" I paused and said quietly, humbly, "I already did."

My secret, burning shame. Sigh.

Annie said...

After which we both erupted into laughter!!

And I balk at the word disdain! More like eye-rolling incredulity. Cause, I have to admit, I think it's pretty cute that you blogged about your yummy smash-hit lemon bread. Next time maybe I'll even get a piece before it's completely consumed!